Search This Blog


Saturday, May 7, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

I have to tell you about my awesome vegan anniversary weekend in the city! Since my wonderful husband forgot to make reservations we stayed at the Crown Plaza rather than the Holiday Inn (no complaints, I never stayed in a place that required your key card to access your floor in the elevator). The place he wanted for dinner, which I wasn't about to complain about because I could happily eat there, was booked. So I made a reservation at Horizon, on South Street, a completely vegan restaurant.

Saturday we drove to Philadelphia around noon, arrived about 1:30. First stop, Firehouse Museum, better than I expected. Really neat stuff, I learned a lot about fire fighting history in the city. Then we went to check into the hotel. The room wasn't ready, so free cocktails (for ET only of course), then toss the bags in the room and walk around the corner to the Mutter Museum. Also incredibly interesting. I've been there before but it was years ago. Really awesome. Then back to the room. Quick shower and grab a taxi to dinner. Absolutely delicious dinner. The most expensive part of our trip but that's because ET's hotel points paid for our hotel. Really wonderful. And ET admitted, he doesn't have to worry about his shellfish allergies in a place like that. It was relaxing and delectable. We both agreed, we'll go back. Then we walked to Moriarti's (not sure how to spell that). There is a place on South St called the Loving Hut. I will have to try it out, but I'm pretty sure it's the same chain as the one we ate at in Orlando. If that's the case, I can't wait to go with Shelley! We walked to the bar, ET's friend we thought worked there was not working that night, so we walked to Broad St which was closed for the Philadelphia Festival of the Arts. The festival was almost over and about half the tables were closed down. They had tables set up to eat at and rocks surrounding tons of flowers. It was indescribable. I never ever would have guessed I'd see Broad St look like that. After seeing some of the odd events going on there we walked back to our hotel, which I must point out, was a longer walk then expected.

Sunday morning, because the lounge was closed, we had free room service breakfast. Yummy! Oatmeal and fruit. Easily vegan while ET ate every kind of meat he could get. Then we showered and packed up and headed home. We missed out baby girl. It was fun to get away, but coming home is always great.

No comments:

Post a Comment