Search This Blog


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Sauce

Makes 24 ravioli

Ingredients:
2 cups frozen butternut squash, thawed (I used fresh steamed squash, grown from my own garden)
1 1/2 sticks Earth Balance (vegan butter)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (I just used regular vegan bread crumbs)
1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese (I didn't use quite that much of Vegan Topping)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 recipe for wonton wrappers (I just bought wonton wrappers)
1 bunch fresh sage, stems removed

Place the squash and 1/2 stick of butter in a blender and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the bread crumbs, cheese and salt and pepper. Place 1 tbsp of the squash mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges of the wrapper with water and fold one corner over to create a triangle. Press the edges to seal tightly. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. (This way of cooking did not work for me. I placed the ravioli on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Brushed the tops with the sage sauce and baked for about 10 minutes. Make sure to leave some sage sauce for drizzling over after they are baked.) Meanwhile melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sage and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with the ravioli before serving.

I couldn't get enough of these. They were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment