Search This Blog


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vegan Babies

I was just reading an article about Vegan pregnancies and vegan babies. Now it was a couple years old, but it was one of the first things that popped up when I searched vegan baby. Since I just had a miscarriage and we're about ready to start trying again (physically we're ready, emotionally we're scarred), I want to do a lot of research to make sure I do things right. I have already read The Organic Pregnancy and I have a couple other books on the subject. This article really upset me. No I know there is a lot of bad publicity out there on veganism, but this is just silly. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/21/opinion/21planck.html

First of all, did you really think only giving your 3 month old baby soy milk and apple juice is enough? Emma has been on vitamins all her life, mostly because we have well water and there isn't any flouride in it, but also because children do not eat everything their parents give them. Until she had enough teeth, she was a vegan. Only had breast milk fruits and vegetables., that I personally made. and the occasional jar of baby food. She turned out just fine. Now she has the rare chicken nuggets or something from a fast food when she's with someone else, but she is mostly vegan AND she is very healthy. As long as you do the research and know how to do it right, than it is healthy and is actually good for you. This site is very informative: http://www.naturalnews.com/025563_food_vegan_foods.html

It's giving vegans a bad name, and really it's only people who don't know what they're doing. Apple juice and soy milk is not enough for a baby. They need more nutrients. That's why people made formula, for those that can not breast feed. There are also milk banks and vegan formulas, although they may be expensive, if you really want your child to be vegan and you really can't breast feed, than it's worth the money to save your child from dying of malnourishment. And as for meds and vaccines, although they are totally your choice and some have eggs in them, by the way you idiots, they save lives! So if you value your child's life, do it. Because of the ridiculous people that don't give their children vaccines, we are now having outbreaks of the diseases that haven't been heard of for years! People make me angry.

Maybe it's because of the business I work it, EMS, that makes me say, job security is stupid people. On the other hand, people are dumb and drive me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment