Search This Blog


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vegan Freak

I'm reading another vegan book, Vegan Freak. After someone pointed out to me that I am not actually vegan, I eat a plant based diet, this book is the inspiration I needed to be vegan. I originally did this whole thing for my health. And while I have never felt more amazing, I need more purpose. So we're going vegan, everything I buy should be vegan. No more animal products anywhere! I am really inspired to be part of the animal rights movement. The authors of this book, Bob and Jenna Torres, have a pod cast... veganfreakradio.com. It's good. They are hilarious and informative.

As for the cooking, I ate left overs for a whole week from Thanksgiving. I do have one or two recipes I need to add and will get to that soon. For Thanksgiving, my husband, with the culinary degree was asked to do the turkey, stuffing and gravy. He made stuffing and gravy just for me, how nice. I made the stuffed butternut squash recipe I believe I posted on here already, if not than I will get on it.  My mom and her husband were in charge of mashed potatoes, the made some vegan. I also made rolls. Everyone made fun of my veganism and called my food fake, but after they tried it, no one complained about the taste. Then for dessert I made the no bake peanut butter chocolate pie and a pumpkin pie. There were 9 pies, so not everyone tried all, but anyone that did try mine, loved it. I decided that aside from being labeled as "weird" the biggest challange is showing people that there is a ton of delicious vegan foods and explaining that we don't need extra vitamins (other than B12 and an occasional D), I eat a lot and I eat well. I also love telling people how awesome my skin is (turned out I was pregnant and that's why my skin was awesome, since I miscarried I'm really itchy, but that's in debate of the cause), I have not gotten sick at all, I have had no migraines or sinus infestions (which are chronic for me) and I feel awesome!

I realized there are many resources on facebook for finding people to talk to about the challanges you may come across. The longer I do this, the easier it becomes. I promised I wouldn't make anyone become vegan, but I feel really strongly about it, and I can come up with a thousand reasons to convince you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment