Search This Blog


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Breakfast Scramble

You should know I have been desperately looking for a good sustitute for scrambled eggs. I've tried many different things I made up myself, one included tofu, olive oil, salsa and vegan cheddar cheese, which worked out well for many mornings. I just wanted something different today. I put this mixture (excluding thre green onion and I added a little salt and pepper) into a wrap. I expected a little more flavor, but with small alterations, I'm sure I can get something delicious from this recipe. I'll up date you tomorrow.

Breakfast Scramble


1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 lb. sausage substitute
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. firm tofu, drained and crumbled
1 tomato, diced
1 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
2 green onions, minced

Heat oil in a skillet. Add the sausage substitute, onion, and garlic and fry until browned. Add the tofu, tomato, turmeric, and garlic salt and saute for 5 minutes. Add green onions during last minute of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment