Search This Blog


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vegan Christmas

Christmas morning, my mom's side of the family does breakfast, that way everyone is free to do the other side of the family for dinner. It's egg dishes and danishes mostly. This my first Vegan Christmas. So, I had to make more than usual. I made cinnamon rolls using my bread maker and they were delicious! I also made this "egg" tofu bake.

1 block of tofu, crumbled
1 bag shredded vegan cheddar cheese
1 chopped bell pepper, any color
1 chopped onion, sauteed in oil until soft
3 tbsp nondairy milk
1 container vegan sausage
1 tsp chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Oil a 8x8 glass baking pan. Mix all ingredients in a big bowl then pour into pan. Bake at 325 covered with foil until warm all the way through.

Really, so simple. I did have a recipe, but it wasn't going to be what I actually wanted, so I just kind of through this together. It was delicious. My sister also enjoyed it. No one else barely tried it but my mom. If your hosting a breakfast, this is a good dish to have and add or take out ingredients to suit your taste buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment