Search This Blog


Monday, August 30, 2010

Organic Housekeeping Chapter 4

First, let me just tell you, I am almost done cleaning out my house. All I have left is the basement. Although I feel like I could probably just start over and find 3 more car fulls of stuff to take to goodwill (and I drive a trailblazer huge trunk). There were multiple bags of trash leaving my house as well. I really do think it made a big difference. I can keep things cleaner and when I do have to clean, it goes a lot quicker because there isn't as much junk to clean around. It's really strange that I am excited about cleaning, but I am. So anyway, the next chapter.

The Bedroom
For allergy sufferers, clean bedsheets weekly, everyone else, do it when they are dirty. Air out the comforter twice a year and put a duvet cover on it. Baby beds should be a waterproof, nontoxic mattress cover made of rubber or wool. No blankets or pillows in a baby's bed. For crib safety: www.cpsc.gov. Flip or rotate mattresses according to the manufacturers label.

When there are accidents, use a rag, damp with vinegar. Sprinkle it with baking soda, scrub, let dry then vacuum. For poopy accidents, vinegar and baking soda and blot after it stops fizzing. For blood stains, straight hydrogen peroxide, let it dry on or sponge off with water and castile soap.

When buying sheets, these release the least toxins: natural cotton, cotton knit t-shirt, cotton flannel or linen sheets. No permanent press, wrinkle free or easy care cotton or cotton blend.

And that's really the important stuff from the bedroom chapter.

1 comment:

  1. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. Sleep on Latex Mattress by Natural Mattress Matters https://www.naturalmattressmatters.com/sleep-on-latex-mattress/

    ReplyDelete